My Blog List

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween...a little late


I had big plans for the boys costumes this Halloween. I figured it would probably be the last year I was able to choose their costumes and could make them match, like last year, when they were Luke Skywalker and R2-D2. I had everything planned, Michael was going to be a big, strong Fireman and James was going to be super cute Dalmatian puppy. Unfortunately, when I presented this plan to Michael, he did not agree with my costume choices.
Michael wanted to be a Transformer. Not just any Transformer, but Optimus Prime. And to top it off, Michael then informed me that James was to be the Transformer, Bumblebee- well, we had to negotiate on this one- James would be a Bumblebee, however, a real bumblebee, wings and all:) Thank goodness we already had a bee costume that James could use.
I have to admit, the boys were pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself:)
 
At my school, they held a Halloween Costume Parade. I had the boys in it, of course, and Michael did such a great job! Last year he was very overwhelmed by all of the people and the cheering so he spend the parade outside with Miss Erin. This year, he did great! He was still timid, however, no tears and he stayed in the gym:) James was a total HAM! As the teacher was introducing the 7th grade contestants, James decided to march his little Bumblebee self in front of the kids and DANCE! The entire middle school then began to chant, "Bumblebee! Bumblebee!", and James continued to dance and wave to his fans. HE is such a mess, but I have to admit, he was a precious little bee:) 






Our good friends, the Kotaseks, came over to trick-or-treat with our boys, they have two little ones, Parker and Mason, who are close to Michael and James' age. We had pizza and went our way with our little men dressed in superhero costumes to receive ridiculous amounts of candy in a short 1 hour period. Needless to say, we had a great time:) Lord only knows what Michael will decide he and his brother will be next year:)






No comments:

Post a Comment