My Blog List

Friday, April 16, 2021

Blink

“Bye Bear, have a great day!” Is what I say every single day after I say goodbye to
Boo and jump in my car to go to school.Today was different.
Today I looked up that flight of stairs and saw my Bear standing tall, in his pajama bottoms
looking down, telling me that he loved me and to have a good day too.
My Bear is no longer my little Bear, he is grown and I don’t know when that happened.
Looking up those stairs at that boy standing before me, broad shoulders, shaggy hair,
tall and lean, he is no longer my little Bear but he is a grown
boy bursting at the seams. Driving to work I was completely bewildered.
When did this happen? Was it overnight? How did I miss it? But you see, it is God working
to show me that it's time for him to take flight. Let him be the man he is destined to be.
Let him spread his wings. Let him make mistakes and let him learn from them.
Keep teaching him how to be sweet and how to be strong, but also show
him the expectations of being a man and how to be grown. It is not easy to accept that your
little boy is no longer your little one, but it is pretty amazing when you step back and see
what a great job you have done!











No comments:

Post a Comment