My Blog List

Friday, May 25, 2012

Girls Weekend!

Every guy needs his "Guy Time" just as every girl needs her "Girl Time", hence the title of this blog, Girls Weekend! I have never been away from all 3 boys, overnight and my gracious was it nice:) Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys more than life itself.... there is just something so wonderful about breaking away from the everyday routine and focusing strictly on oneself.

Growing up, my mom and her sisters took us kids to Salado, Texas to stay at the good ole' Stagecoach Inn- trust me, it is nothing glamorous, but as our shirts read that Salado is a "Little Slice of Heaven" and yes, I DID make us shirts for the occasion:) I guess that is the teacher/mom/nerd in me:) The Girls Weekend consisted of my cousins Genevieve and Rachael and their friend, our new Honorary Cousin, Marla. The four of us piled in my Swagger-Wagon and off we were, Salado bound- of course, right as we were past OakCliff, I run over a stupid fire hose- YES, a fire hose, right, smack in the middle lane and there was nowhere I could go, so over it I went- we thought we were home free until we arrived in Salado to find a huge bubble in my driver front tire- thank goodness the tire did not blowout and we were able to replace it, I did get ripped off by a horrible little man in Belton, Tx at the local Walmart- but, anyway, we were all safe and it was replaced:)






Back to our trip- poor little Salado is not the hopping town it once was:( Our beloved Mansion of Salado, the BEST Mexican food and Margarita ever, closed down, as well as our favorite candy store we used to ransack as children, Sweet Nut Thing. But, we sucked it up and made the most of it. We were by far the youngest of the guests at The Stagecoach, except for some of the children dragged along for a Family Reunion, which we could relate to, however, they were MUCH better behaved than I know we were at their age while staying there.


We pretty much ate our way through Salado, savoring every minute of kid free, responsibility free wonderfulness. We ate yummy Mexican food at The Patio, lounged by the pool, along with some cocktails of course, dined at the Inn's Dining Room, which was YUMMY- then we rolled ourselves back to our room to get into our swimsuits to soak in the mineral hot tub, along with a glass of wine.
Unfortunately, the hot tub was occupied by some loud, older woman boasting about their recent sky diving expedition and a young girl crying about a recent fight with her boyfriend....needless to say, although entertained, we took ourselves back to our room and went to bed shortly after, and yes, I think it was about 11:00- that is late for this Mama!

We woke up, ate a delicious breakfast at The Coffee Shoppe, another favorite at the Stagecoach and hopped in the car for our trek back to the real world:) I had so much fun with the girls and can't wait for our next trip!

I must say though, as much fun as I did have, it was so great to get home to my boys! I missed them so much! You better believe I soaked up cuddles from Michael and a great rocking session that night with James! I think Geoff and I were actually able to relax a bit on the couch before I had to start the entire routine all over again, because, the wonderful husband I have, did all the dishes and laudry before I got home so I would be able to hang out.....such a great ending to a wonderful weekend:)


Here's to Girls/ Guys Weekends of the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment