My Blog List

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day


I have been thinking about where I am today, May 13, 2012, Mother's Day and where I was 1 year ago- and I see so much growth, so much change. Not only in my boys- Michael is now 3 1/2, potty trained, big independent boy and James is 1 and curious and crawling, cruising, all over the place, getting into everything and SO full of life- but also in myself- I was at one point, so cautious and nervous of what kind of mom I would be, would I be too nice, too strict? Would I allow just one more show before bedtime or would I insist on just 1 more book instead? Its amazing when you seem to know what kind of mom you are going to be, then there, in the moment, sweet blue eyes staring at you, how can you say no? Michael asks to cuddle now... really? Who can say no to that- he is 3 and I know these cuddling days do not last forever. James actually lets me rock him, Michael never did! I cherish every bedtime with James because I KNOW they do not last forever- we give meds, because that is our life these days and then rock.........................................................................................................................................................
For our family and friends who do not know, we recently found out James has an Auto-Immune Deficiency Disorder, AKA, Immature Immune System- This is the reason our little man is ALWAYS sick! It seems the common cold for James can turn into full our ear and lung infection and if we are not careful, pnemonia and God knows what else, I don't like to go that far- Little man has had tubes and adenoid surgery over the past few months- it has been rough, but luckily we have one happy and responsive little boy!

Back to what I was saying, Mothers Day- WOW! What a special and wonderful day! I love my husband and boys so much- I can't get over how wonderful and blessed I am to have them! I woke up to Geoff attempting to make me breakfast in bed...James needed a breathing treatment due to bronchilitis and a nap, so once we got that covered, I got back in bed so he and Michael could give me breakfast in bed and it was UH-Mazing! Belgian Waffles, whipped cream and fresh strawberries, along with yummy coffee- I was in heaven! Then I was given sweet cards and  handmade bookmark with Michael's sweet picture from school and the most blessed gift ever! A glass locket with the boys names inside- I love, love, love the locket and it is SO special to me!






Even though we seem to be touch and go with James health, we are so fortunate our little man is SO happy and a constant reminder of what happiness is:
Happiness to James is:
Seeing mommy and daddy after a long night of sleep
Seeing Michael come down the stairs and how excited he is to see him
Seeing a cup full of milk because you are one thirsty little man
Abby( J's little lady)- even when I say her name the boy gets sooo excited!
Food- obviously the boy loves his food
People- anyone who sees James in the nursery tells me how happy he is and asks if he is always this happy- which, almost always, he is, unless he is sick:)
The best time is after school when we go get Michael from School, James is SO excited to get Michael- everyday it melts my heart how much my boys love each other!

Geoff and I are so blessed to have the most loving boys and amazing family! There is nothing in the world I could want more than I have now:)

Happy Mother's Day!

Kate

1 comment:

  1. Well, that made me cry! Happy Mothers' Day indeed!

    ReplyDelete